Happiness is "The Scotties"

This time it's not about the little black furry ones that run our household. The husband of one of my bible study members collects albums. He gifted me with this album. I've never heard of the group before and nothing turned up on a quick (and I mean real quick) Google search. I don't have a turntable any more so would be interested in finding something on Youtube maybe. The back reads..."THE SCOTTIES" immediately conjures visions of kilts, haggis, and bagpipes: but you would be only half right, for you are listening to a mother, father, and son team - a truly memorable, multi-talented and highly entertaining trio!
Their showbusiness background spans three generations, originating in Scotland and now carrying on a tradition in America. Nick Senior was born and reared in Scotland of Italian born parents. Heather is all Scottish _ with a little bit o' Irish wa-ay back -- which makes their son, Nick, an interesting combination!
When they perform, something happens every minute. A typical show involves organ, accordian, guitars, banjos, clarinet, saxophone, flute, trombone, violins, comedy and way-out impressions. There are also selections in Italian, French, Jewish and Spanish.
This album gives you the opportunity of hearing some of the best and most requested musical numbers in their vast storehouse of talent, including two of young Nick's original compositions. The SCOTTIES have played all over Europe and now make their home in Hollywood, Florida.
IN THIS ALBUM
On side one: Medley:Day By Day - O Happy Day - Put Your Hand in the Hand; Danny Boy; Bye Bye Blues; To See You Smile (original); Return to Sorrento
On side two: Medley: It Only Takes A Moment - What The World Needs Now; If You Want To Love Me Forever (original); The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise; The Baby In The Hoose; Medley: Granada - Malaguena
It was produced by Art Records Manufacturing Company

9 comments:

Nuvofelt said...

Oh what fun! You will treasure that.

AltheaP said...

How great is this? I searched YouTube, but no luck. Sorry.

LazyTcrochet said...

What a wonderful gift, and autographed too!

Trailboss said...

You have the same last name as me! But mine is a married name. But still the same. I have never heard of the Scotties either but it looks old. Of course being an 'album' automatically makes it old!

Erika said...

Trailboss, hearing you talk about albums that way, makes me feel ancient!

Unknown said...

I doubt you would find it out on cd LOL!! My kids have no clue what "records and albums" are. I read the other day that cds will be obsolete because everyone is downloading music these days!

Nan said...

I have a large collections of albums, but no turn table any more, it's sad I keep them, but I keep thinking "One day" I will buy a turn table and listen to them in all their hissing, scratchy turn the clock around glory of my youth!

agoodwitchtoo said...

I inherited a lot of my father's records... alas, no turntable.

What a cool gift!

joon said...

OK This is too much and get this: My aunt and uncle have lived in Hollywood, FL (Which, BTW, is technically Hollywood HILLS, but I suppose too hilarious to be used.) since 1960. I was there every other summer in the 60s which looks to be the era of their residency as well. Crazy talk! I will ask my cousin about this group. LOVE the album. What a catch. Oh my goodness. A train horn just broke the Sunday morning silence and never does. Is it because I am typing to Scottie? :)