Fruits of our toil....

The sun shown all day today which gave us the opportunity to get some work done in the gardens. Can't mow as it is still too wet. Here is our three NEW tomato plants that I have been nursing in their pots! One Early Betty, one Brandy wine, and one cherry tomato plant. On the end are the windows to my office. I planted a row of hollyhock seeds I got from a neighbor. Hers are a gorgeous mix. Lets see if they do anything. This is the flower garden in the front of the house. Got some weeding done today. In the back corner there is our bleeding heart. Everything is getting a little crowded so we are going to be splitting soon!
Randy tilled around the tree and then started to till from the edge of the plants along the walk out to that tree. Didn't get it all quite done but made good progress. This is one of the strawberry digitalis plants. Really pretty. Along with the metal Scottie.
You can see where he tilled up to the lavender and digitalis plants. On the right are the canna plants and moon flowers that haven't made it into the ground. Hopefully on Monday or Tuesday as I work a 10 hour day tomorrow.



8 comments:

maryeb said...

Looks like you've been working hard!!
Pretty foxglove. I think it's a foxglove.

Night Sky said...

You have a lovely yard, all the flowers and plants look so nice and healthy. Lots of color! Thanks for sharing!

storybeader said...

looks like you two did a lot of work! I got outside this morning and mowed the front - it's suppose to rain this evening -- what's new, eh?

Rose said...

Very pretty Dayna :) Lots of work there... love it!

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy bee Dayna !! Very nice area
you are in.

Tutu Cute and Moore! said...

Looks like you are going to have a beautiful flower garden when your finished! I would give anything for dirt like that, lol. We live in the foothills of the Ozarks and nothing buy rocks, rocks and more rocks. Always have to have the pick axe nearby! We moved from the wonderful Indiana dirt to rocks and red powder. Oh, well I still manage to have beautiful flowers. Enjoy the planting.

Katya said...

Hmmm...I kinda like the pond with Blueberry Island! I LOVE blueberries! They are so yummy and good for us!

I would really like to plant some hollyhocks...I remeber having them when I was little and we would hold the flowers upside down to look at the little "dolls"!

Aren't you happy to have those tomatoes planted in light of all the nonsense with salmonella?

Once things dry out, looks like your grounds are going to be so spectacular!!! Thanks for the look!

Knitted Gems said...

Your garden is looking great! I just playing in the dirt. It is so rewarding. Good luck with your garden/harvest this year!